Skip to Content


Attorney Kristie Scott of Light Path Law, P.A. has obtained results including but not limited to those identified below.  Past results are not indicative of future results and are provided for informational purposes only. 

  • Frequent provider of legal advice to Small and Medium Size Business related to Employment and Business Practices which include, but are not limited to, Employee and Independent Contractor Relations, Employment Contracts, Employee Handbooks, Buy/Sell Agreements, and Overtime Disputes
  • Successfully defended commercial landlords in lawsuit and prevailed on all counterclaims
  • Represented Small Business in Employment Overtime Dispute which resulted in Full Settlement
  • Drafted numerous contracts on behalf of small businesses in Southwest Florida
  • Successfully defended Homeowners’ Association and Insurer in a Federal lawsuit for alleged Racial Housing Discrimination which resulted in Full Dismissal of All Claims
  • Drafted a multitude of effective employment handbooks for businesses in Fort Myers and Naples
  • Successfully defended Government Agency in Public Records Lawsuit which resulted in Full Dismissal of All Claims
  • Prevailed at arbitration and trial on quiet title action
  • Successfully evicted commercial tenants and residential tenants
  • Reviewed and Analyzed Contract for Business Client to appear on National Television Program; Television Appearance resulted in Offer to Purchase Business for more than $500,000.00
  • Represented numerous employees on employment discrimination claims and EEOC Complaints
  • Successfully assisted Clients with immediately obtaining 90% of a Family Debt in excess of $300,000 and execution of a Promissory Note to repay the remaining 10%.
  • Counseled small businesses regarding employment disputes and terminations to successfully limit liability
  • Successfully defended Homeowner in Foreclosure Action brought by Homeowners’ Association which resulted in Homeowners’ Association crediting monies to Homeowner and dismissing foreclosure action against Homeowner
  • Prepared numerous non-compete and severance agreements for businesses and employers